Wednesday 15 April 2009

Easter Weekend

Why does time fly when you are having fun?

Saturday I went and saw my dear friend and was able to surprise her by returning the computer that Steve had collected to be repaired very recently.

On the way out of the shop I noticed a lovely navy dress which was in the sale not only that I managed to spy a necklace and bracelet to match. Not very often do I get to see anything I like and want straight away.

I am going out on Friday night to "Dress for Less" a charity event in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support at Wrekin College it is ticket only on Friday night and £2 on the door on Saturday.

As I have my writing group on Saturday I had an easy choice writing of course won.

So am looking forward to going out in my new dress on Friday night and to enjoy the champagne and nibbles included in the ticket price.

After that we went to Shrewsbury and managed to obtain what I wanted to do there. I then planned to go to Attingham Park with Steve by this time it was 1.30 pm. The car park was pretty full and I decided enough was enough of crowds so we just headed off for lunch just the two of us.

We then went shopping in Telford and obtained two outdoor chairs with cup holders so we could at least sit out and enjoy the sun. I soon got cold and headed back indoors to find I was exhausted. I ended up sleeping and didn't wake up until about 9 pm just in time to catch "Casualty" yes I know I am sad and some have told me I need to get a life but I grew up watching this and it came in handy doing medical shorthand for my secretarial course and reading it back when I was younger so I got hooked on that and "the Bill".


Got away with leaving the Easter gift for my mother-in-law in the bathroom. She asked about it just as we were about to leave in the car. She guessed it was from us so thanked us as we drove off.

Not really sure what happened on Monday or where the time went but yesterday was spent getting ready for informing a support group about Cancer Research UK Relay for Life event in September so it looks like I may have recruited some survivors to take part and to buy candle bags ready for the ceremony which takes place at dusk while the event goes on for 24 hours. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay/

So that sums up my busy weekend.

At last I am feeling better and writing again. I have already submitted another article to article alley today. Not sure why ideas come to me in the middle of the night or early hours but there you go that's my life.

Best wishes.

Fee

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear you are doing so much, have had a happy weekend and are writing again....hugs...Carole.

    ReplyDelete