Wednesday 22 April 2009

Meetings Meetings and More Meetings

This week has been a hectic week so far with cancer meetings twice yesterday. I attended one as a patient representative and found it very informative but extremely tiring. So when I got home I sat on the sofa and fell asleep for a couple of hours.

Then it was out again to Shrewsbury for the Shropshire and Mid Wales Cancer Forum meeting. This didn't finish until 9pm so by the time we got home I was tired again.

I know these meetings are useful and we won't change the world overnight but by attending these meetings our concerns are voiced and heard by the NHS.

Went to Wolverhampton for yet another cancer conference today the speakers were excellent and we enjoyed the day. Met some wonderful people a couple of who have helped me to come to terms with how I am feeling and to help me cope as best I can with everything.

It is amazing how many people who want to help me without anything in return.

I am off out again tomorrow night as I have a committee meeting with Cancer UK Relay for Life meeting.

So as you can see it is all systems go this end with one thing and another.

I am looking forward to Saturday as I hope to have lots of Writing Opportunities as Steve is going to Silverstone.

Best wishes to everyone

Fee

1 comment:

  1. Marvellous! What you are doing - helping so many people and being helped by the kindness of others. Caring with no thought of reward is a wonderful thing to encounter. There ARE such people about and it is a blessing to be with them!

    Enjoy your writing on Saturday.

    With love, Carole.

    ReplyDelete