Saturday 25 April 2009

I was being cynical but was proved wrong

I got woken up this morning by the doorbell going. It was the postman with a special delivery that needed to be signed for. It was addressed to Mr & Mrs so I was wondering who it was from. I signed for it on the wet piece of paper due to the rain and then returned indoors to open it in the dry.

I was shaking like a leaf as the envelope was thin DL size. It was the tickets for the Boyzone Concert. I honestly thought when I got the email that it was a wind up (that is where I was being cynical). I suppose when you have so many disappointments in life you don't believe anything until it is actually happening or things arrive and they are placed in your hands.

I am now looking forward to June and no doubt will enjoy the evening.

Steve is off to Silverstone today so I hope he enjoys his time out on the track courtesy of the local authority and due to the fact he is my carer.

I have had a good week on the whole and have met some interesting people.

This year is going to be a hectic one with one thing and another at least I haven't got a wedding to organise (unlike last year) on top of everything else. I don't think I could do that all over again with everything that is going on. I suppose we all cope in different ways.

I throw myself wholeheartedly into things and never baulk at responsibility.

It is this passion that keeps me going and this week I have felt so alive. My care workers noticed a difference in me too this week. My counsellor wasn't as worried about me as she had been so I think things are improving.

Sometimes it can feel like two steps forward three steps back but we all feel like that in everything we do in life at various stages of our lives. Writing is the same you can get all positive feedback and then a load of negative feedback arrives all at once and it knocks you down a bit.

I know I have a story to tell and one day it will get published it is just a matter of time and finding the right opening for it.

Best wishes

Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment