Saturday 13 June 2009

Slight Disappointed

I had planned to visit Cleobury Mortimer and choose some new lingerie ready for the concert today. Good job I decided to telephone first. The shop I use is closed until the 19th June. Oh well some money saved and I can make do.

So I will endeavour to get ready for afternoon tea in aid of a charity event this afternoon the other side of Oswestry.

Next on our agenda is to try and find a b&b near Southampton for 4th July as we are going sailing again for charity.

I love being out on the water and really enjoy the ease at which I can relax. Financial worries are all forgotten the moment I leave the shore. It is an amazing feeling and Steve appreciates the break too.

At Cowes Week last year I tried new sailing skills and was glad I had a go. I will never forget that experience.

I love meeting new people and trying new things. I hope the weather is nice.

I was torn between a sailing opportunity and a writing opportunity on the same day as sailing had been booked for sometime I felt I had no choice but to stick with existing plans. I hope I haven't made a wrong decision.

I suppose I can always write about my sailing experience when I return.

So my big plans have been thwarted but small ones have replaced them and I am making do, saving money in the process which is not a bad thing.

I am looking forward to next week's writers meeting. Can't wait. I have finally completed my chairman's challenge and am really happy with it.

Best wishes

Fee

3 comments:

  1. The sailing sounds wonderful! I'm so envious, do write about it afterwards...hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing new lingerie to go to a concert! And there was me thinking that when women threw their knickers at their pop idols, it was underwear they'd had for years!

    But yes - write about your sailing experience. How would you describe it to a wheelchair user who'd never been? What does it feel like? What advice would you give them when they go sailing for the first time? Ooh - there must be at least 3 or 4 articles in that!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon what are you like?!!!

    I have never been to a concert in my life so this is a huge first for both Steve and myself. I can't imagine me throwing underwear at Ronan.

    I won't be using the wheelchair when I go sailing. I will try and manage without any of my aids.

    I tried to manage without them on Saturday and left a stick leaning against a wall -- SILLY ME. The car wasn't parked far away so I was able to manage that short distance without my sticks hence I left it behind. Luckily for me it was a friend#s house so I can retrieve it today.

    I have been sailing twice before and love to get out on the water. I will definitely write about it as soon as I get back.

    Shame I will miss the Writers Bash.

    Best wishes

    Fee

    ReplyDelete