Wednesday 13 May 2009

Tired but worth every minute

I have just got back in from a "health" session at Bridgnorth run by Timeless Partnership Ltd. They cater for the needs of patients with various health conditions. The main thing is to keep the lympatic drainage system working.

By starting with playing with blowing bubbles like children we learn to relax and control our breathing.

Next is gentle exercise building up to the harder work of stretching and then ending with a relaxing tune and deep breathing.

I was a bit unsure of what to expect but was so glad I went. This is spurring me on to want to go back swimming everyday as the lymphoedema is getting the better of me at the moment and winning instead of the other way around.

It is going to be a daily battle keeping the swelling under control but with the help of tonight's session I know I am determined to do it.

I am now looking foward to eating a salad.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment