Monday 4 January 2010

Cheered Up

It is strange how a person can perk up just by a magazine arriving through the door.

Writing Magazine arrived together with Writers News in their plastic cover. In my excitement to open said issue, my fingers shaking with excitement I managed to obtain a paper cut on my right hand finger OUCH.

I had forgotten what I had submitted to this publication and to my wonderful surprise both letters had been published one in Writing Magazine and the other in Writers News.

I have also read with interest Simon Whaley's article about three very talented members of Wrekin Writers as to how they make time to write.

I only do letters as I know I am good at these and send them off regularly to various newspapers but every little helps boost my confidence.

Still not feeling great but at least my writing has some little output to start the New Year off slowly.

I look like a panda, sat here in my pjs and dressing gown but at least I have sent a couple of letters out and am getting better slowly.

With the magazine arriving today I will most probably find some wonderful inspiration from somewhere to submit something small once again.

Looking forward to my next writing group meeting I hope I can make it as I have finally completed the Chairman's Challenge still hoping to get placed one day (perhaps this will be my year = fingers crossed)

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Love
Fee

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better now, Fee. Keep sending out those letters. My prescription for today - put your feet up and read Writing Magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne

    Happy New Year to you.

    I am following the "prescription" to the letter.

    Best wishes.

    Fee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne has written a wonderful prescription. It should be just "what the doctor ordered".

    ReplyDelete